- Heists are a new type of gameplay experience inside GTA Online – massive, multi-layered, 4-player co-operative missions that encourage players to work together and make the most of their individual strengths, and a team’s level of communication and coordination can make or break each mission.
- Heists unlock at Rank 12 for players with a high-end apartment. They are started by a call from Lester and a visit to his garment factory. Please note there is a short delay between each Heist, but Lester will be in touch when the next Heist is ready. You can replay Heist strands by calling Lester using the “Request Heist” option.
Triggering a Heist
- Players who are rank 12 or above and own a high-end apartment will receive a phone call from Lester.
- When a player accepts Lester’s call and begins the Heist, they become the Heist leader and can choose to invite other players from the lobby, their friends list, or players from the previous Heist. Players of any rank who have already completed the GTA Online tutorial up to and including Gerald’s first LTS job can play Heists by accepting an invitation from a Heist leader.
- The Heist leader has the responsibility of fronting the setup costs to acquire whatever equipment and additional NPC personnel needed to pull off the job – which amounts to a percentage of the final pay-out.
- Members earn money for completing each setup mission.
- Heist leaders do not earn any money for completing a setup mission, though they do earn 10% more RP than other members. Leaders can assign themselves a larger portion of the take once the entire Heist is complete.
- Successfully completing a setup missions drops players back into Freemode. The Heist leader can then use their phone to return to the Heist planning board and start the next job in the strand.
- Large cash and RP awards are earned for completing one-off and repeatable Heist Bonus Challenges. Challenge criteria are:
- Completing each Heist Finale for the first time.
- Completing all the Heists as a member.
- Completing all 5 Heists in order.
- Completing all the Heists back to back with the same team.
- Completing all Heists on Hard difficulty, with the same team, in order, and without anyone dying.
- On PS4 and Xbox One only: completing all Heists in first person view. Note: The Heist leader must lock the game to first person in the lobby to unlock this.
Additional GTA Online Content
- Daily Objectives have been added to GTA Online, unlocking at Rank 15. Players will receive Cash and RP rewards for completing all 3 given objectives each day. An additional large cash and RP bonus can be earned for completing all daily objectives for 7 days straight, and then an even bigger award for completing them 28 days straight.
- New Free Roam Activities have been added to GTA Online. These unlock at Rank 15.
- Destroy Vehicle
- Distract Cops
- Plane Takedown
- 40 new Awards (including one first person reward for PS4 and Xbox One only) have been added. These awards are for a variety of existing and newly added content, some of which are accompanied by large cash rewards, t-shirt unlocks, or vehicle modification price reductions.
- 9 new Heist Achievements / Trophies have been added to GTA Online.
- New vehicles have been added to the in-game vehicle websites and are immediately available for purchase. 11 existing vehicles have also been added to the various in-game websites for purchase.
- New vehicles will also unlock for purchase as players complete Heist missions.
- Players can now buy and save up to 30 personalised licence plates for their stored GTA Online vehicles via the iFruit App.
- A wide range of new outfits, clothing and customization items for male and female characters as well as new gear have been added across in-game stores
- New Heist gear items have been added to Ammu-Nation in GTA Online (these items become available to purchase after completing the Heists):